Monday, March 31, 2008

Deals and Steals

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • No huge surprises in baseball today -- Santana dominated, the O's stunk, the Cubs can't hit.
    • I will throw some props to the Nats. They're pretty fun to watch. And who knew that Nick Johnson was even alive still?
    • Watched three episodes of Deal Or No Deal tonight. The best was one where a woman knew she had the million, got down to her case and one other, her fiancee convinced her to take the deal (which was awful since they wanted her to gamble), and she had the million. She was extraordinarily bitter.
    • Also catching up on Countdown from while I was on vacation. The tone of the media is turning against Clinton more and more.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Not much interesting -- just getting back to work.
    • I'm not sure who I like in the NL -- either Colorado, the Mets, or the Phillies.
    • I'm fairly sure that super prospect Ashley Hogan actually started in left for the Cardinals today.
  • Daily Rant:
    • There was a caller to the Junkies this morning who got kicked out of the Nats opening game because he fought with someone who wouldn't cheer for the President. I understand that you have to respect the position and you should be excited for the start of the season, but I just don't think I'd be able to cheer for the guy. Even if I didn't boo, cheering is out of the question. When asked if he would cheer for Hillary if she won, the guy responded that he "would never vote for a woman or a colored guy for President." He was dead serious. As serious as he was about cheering for his President. With friends like those...

No comments: