You've probably seen this video at some point today from the Muppet Show; it's been making the rounds. While we were watching it, I decided I wanted to click on this link to watch a Muppet Show song from 1969 that we all know and love. And then all hell broke loose.
I decided to search for the "Muppet Babies" theme song on YouTube and as we watched it I began to laugh so hard, I started crying (seriously, my eyes are still a little sore). Come on -- how freaking awesome was that show!!! My wife then made fun of me and we began to watch cartoon after cartoon. Here's some of our journey:
- You have to love the "Disney Afternoon" theme songs... That would be, in no particular order, "Tale Spin", "Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers", "Duck Tales", "Gummi Bears", and "Darkwing Duck".
- That led us to this horribly creepy commercial. All kids are afraid of two things: clowns and Teddy Ruxpin.
- How about a super lame one? Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Orko and friends!
- I have to be the only loser who remembers this one, right?
- Dance your cares away (clap clap).
- I was brutally teased when we clicked on this theme song for "Bananas in Pajamas", I swore I had never seen it before, and then I proceeded to say the lyrics before they were sung.
- Check out the star power on 1993's "Mickey Mouse Club".
- I think everyone knows that Jennifer Love Hewitt was on "Kids Incorporated" in 1991, but can you find the current pop star in 1984's version? My wife totally caught it and I didn't, so kudos to her. Hint: one of them is going to get you drunk on her lady humps.
- I'll leave you with the two coolest cartoons from the early '90s. After the great Flood came out, They Might Be Giants promoted it by doing two music videos set to "Tiny Toons" cartoons. Here they are: "Particle Man" and "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)".