- What's likely to be The Game of the Tournament as #12 Western Kentucky beat #5 Drake on a prayer 3 at the overtime buzzer.
- #13 San Diego beating #4 UConn in OT on a jumper with 1.2 seconds left.
- #13 Siena soundly thrashing #4 Vanderbilt.
- #12 Villanova coming from 18 points back to beat #5 Clemson.
That's 4 games with 4 upsets and three close ones. Not bad on what was a much better day than yesterday for basketball fans.
Some other observations:
- Butler was obviously severely underseeded, but we knew that.
- Tennessee and Memphis both let their overmatched opponents hang around for quite a while, Tennessee more than Memphis. However, TX-Arlington did not play a great game and they were within 10-15 points of Memphis throughout. Not a great sign for a 1-seed.
- I think Arkansas may be athletic enough to give UNC a bit of a game.
- You can have Chris Lofton -- I'll take Davidson's Stephen Curry, who put up 40 in their win over Gonzaga, including 8 of 11 from three.
- I'm really looking forward to Butler-Tennessee, but first comes West Virginia-Duke tomorrow.