Monday, March 10, 2008

Championship Week Is On

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Really long work day, so it's mostly what basketball I watched when I got home. I am reading my fantasy baseball magazine diligently. Looks like I'm going into the year (at least according to this specific one) with the #1 catcher, #1 2B, #1 3B, and #1 and #2 OF. Not bad.
    • Gonzaga lost to San Diego tonight (d'oh for us Terps fans). People say the Bulldogs have what it takes, but I don't see it. Pargo is plain old sick, but they don't have that Frahm/Morrison/Dickau-type presence like they've had in the past.
    • Davidson looks pretty awesome, but they'll get an 8-seed and get stomped by UCLA or Kansas in the 2nd round.
    • Mason's in (and you can't count out their style easily). Have fun playing one and out, Siena. Well, maybe two if you get into the play-in.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • I enjoyed this piece by Kos on why, no matter how much my pro-Clinton co-worker says it is and wants it to be, the race is definitely not tied.
    • I totally earned my paycheck today. It's good to use your brain at work.
    • Still bummed about "The Wire" ending.
  • Daily Rant
    • We're into month three of our long national nightmare of Montrose Rd. being closed. I still don't get it, but whatever. The E. Jefferson stretch between Montrose and the originally-named Montrose Parkway is just delightful.

No comments: