Saturday, March 29, 2008

Enemy Combatants

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Last day of vacation, driving back tomorrow. It'll be a Waffle House and Sweet Tomatoes day, pretty awesome.
    • I lost my first Final Four team with Stanford going out. I knew Lopez could dominate, I just didn't know that he'd be the only player on the team to show up.
    • Stephen Curry is playing out of this world at this point. That layup from behind the basket was just absurd. However, they're playing with the big boys now -- Kansas is going to murder them.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • I birdied my first hole ever today. It was on a par 3 course. I hit the tee shot to just behind the green on the fringe. I made my read on a sharp turn right and putted. As I saw it break just as I had read, I started running to follow it, jumping, and screaming. My wife said I leapt like a little girl.
    • If I have a Wii, why do I spend so much time playing the stupid on-line NES emulator on Facebook
  • Daily Rant:
    • We went to a flea market today. They apparently love three things down here in the Palmetto State. One is Jesus, who I have no problem with. The other two things are a little sketchier -- the Confederate flag and making animals fight. If you don't believe me, check out this link -- we saw a bunch of t-shirts to this effect. There were no dog fighting shirts, though were a bunch with similar design to the cock fighting ones that had pitbulls or rottweilers on them. The animal fighting is horrible enough, no doubt. It's very illegal (which is why I'm surprised they advertise it on a shirt) and even more immoral. But I can't get past the Confederate flag. All of these people would proclaim themselves patriots for the U.S. and I have no reason to doubt that. Put aside (because we can't forget) the racial issues with that flag. How can you possibly like the U.S. and fly the Confederate flag? Confederate soldiers killed American soldiers. It's actually that simple. It's hard to believe that people celebrate that.

No comments: