Saturday, March 1, 2008

Because I Have To

Pretty quiet day -- just a few notes on some things I watched:
  • Watched First Blood for the first time in a long time. It's hard to believe now that Stallone used to be a good actor, but movies like this or Victory (and Rocky, of course) tell a different tale. I didn't realize that this is where the "It's over, Johnny" tape that the Junkies play all the time came from.
  • Finished Season 1 of "The Amazing Race". Good ending and the show is very emotional. I still think I like the scheming part of "Survivor" a lot better.
  • Kansas is for real. They are so athletic and better inside than they were last year. They'll go very deep in the tourney. As for Kansas State, Michael Beasley is going to be the #1 pick, but I question if (assuming they get in) they can win a couple games. They remind me a lot of Texas last year, where Durant just couldn't do everything by himself.

No comments: