Saturday, January 26, 2008

Your Son Needs A Working Actor In His Life

My mom just got back from going to Sundance and said this movie will be the big hit of the festival. She also watched four movies with Quentin Tarantino. Well, he was in the same room. But it was the fact that she saw a serious movie starring Nick Cannon, and loved him, that got me thinking. I wrote about how guilty pleasures shouldn't exist (something I was inspired to believe by a Chuck Klosterman essay), but I know there are some movies that many people hate to admit they like. I'm not going to do a full "Your List Sucks!", but I bet that Drumline is high on the list for a lot of people. I'll log time whenever I flip past it, but I'm not entirely sure why. Is it Nick Cannon? Is it because they're in the same fraternity as I was? Is it because I was in band? Is it because the idea of Petey Pablo is hilarious, much less Petey Pablo performing at a marching band show? Who cares... I like Drumline despite all of its obvious flaws, sort of like a poor man's Eurotrip.

No comments: