Sunday, January 6, 2008

College Basketball Game of the Year, For Now

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • I'm glad San Diego won so we get the Jax-Pats next Saturday night. Gates or no, San Diego gets killed in Indy next Sunday.
    • Obama Fever has hit the news. "Chris Matthews" and "Meet The Press" were ga-ga over his performance and predicting his nomination.
    • Reading "Running The Table" by Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated. It's a book about pool hustling; the jacket said it's along the lines of "Bringing Down The House" and "Positively Fifth Street", two of my favorites.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Wayne Ellington of UNC is my athlete of the day. 36, including the game-winning trey with 0:00.4 in OT at Clemson. They survive and remain unbeaten. I've seen two of the undefeateds in the last couple of days -- the Heels and Kansas. Memphis has the best chance of remaining unbeaten the longest, but it's absurd to say they'll win out until March.
    • I know I'm lucky to be living on the East Coast of the U.S. because our society is relatively wealthy, peaceful, and technologically-advanced. But don't sleep on the fact that it's ACC country. I don't care what any other conference's fans say -- the ACC is always the best and most exciting.
  • Coming Attractions:
    • I'm working on the grand State Rankings in earnest. Hopefully they'll be ready soon. I went in a bit biased but am using some relatively objective criteria. I pretty much know what the top two will be at this point and they shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

No comments: