Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cards and Chess

I like to write every day, even if I'm tired or don't have much to say. Well, it's 3AM and I'm watching a "To Catch A Predator" marathon. I was at a poker tournament until 2 and then got home and watched "The Soup". Joel McHale and then Chris Hansen? Two of the funniest men on TV!

As for the poker, I've played in this tournament five times with 3rd-, 2nd-, 1st-place finishes and twice chopping 1st- and 2nd-place (like tonight). All cashes. Usually I outplay everyone or just kind of survive until the cash. Tonight, I had to survive a few all-ins. Even with the late hour, it was quite the rush. Tomorrow (later today), we're going to see Cloverfield, so I'll give my thoughts on it after.

I'll leave with the note that Bobby Fischer died this morning. I can't think about him without thinking about one of my favorite (and most underrated) sports movies of all time, Searching For Bobby Fischer. Starring Joe Mantegna, Laurence Fishburne, Joan Allen, and Ben Kingsley, the movie deals with a young boy who seems to be a chess prodigy and the struggle of how to promote his ability while keeping him human. If you haven't seen it, get it when you can.

No comments: