Thursday, January 17, 2008

There's No Businesses Like Snow or Show Business

With a snowy day that never got that snowy, everything seemed kind of flat today. Gone to sleep obscenely late every night this week, so I'm going to keep this brief and turn in pretty early. So far, I think the best contestant on "Idol" was the last girl from the first night (the one who had never seen an R-rated movie). The one from night two who did a spot-on Britney impersonation was pretty good too. Maybe Simon is being nice because a lot of the people they show seem to be mentally-challenged in some way, but it could also be because the people are nice in the room and then just act retarded when they get out. Definitely true of the glitter girl from Tuesday. And the pimp-ish guy who worshiped Simon reminded me a little, in voice, of the guy who sings the "Elvis Cup" song, for all of you Don and Mike fans.

Defending Gladiator as best movie of the 2000s: Here's the list of Best Picture nominees and winners. I can't find one film I'd re-watch over and over more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think our disagreement stems from the fact that I'd rather vote for only liberals for the rest of my life than suffer through watching "Gladiator" a second time (let alone over and over again). I don't think there are many Oscar best picture nominees/winners (not just limited to this decade) that I'd watch over and over again. Granted, I have to admit that I've only seen 5 of the 2000s nominees. But in my opinion, even "Dude, Where's My Car?" was a better movie than your choice for best of the decade so far.