Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Impeach Tom Davis, and Other Political Musings

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is alright. It sort of falls flat compared to the movies, but it's worth watching. It's amazing how CGI has made it to TV in the last few years. Small-screen special effects have improved by leaps and bounds.
    • The rest of the night went to the Nevada debate. Clinton and Obama tried to look presidential (and pretty much succeeded) while trying to ignore any legitimacy Edwards may claim. And Edwards pandered and pandered and pandered, trying to prove he was in the race too. I think he failed miserably. I did grow towards Hillary a bit, though she played that al-Qaeda card of which I disapprove so much.
    • Kudos to the Mittster for his decisive win in Michigan, home of Angie and Michael Moore. I really, really liked his remarks in New Hampshire and it should be entertaining to see how the GOP shakes out.
    • I'm holding off until later, but I am reading one of the great books.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Technically, this is something I watched and something I listen to, but I'm sticking it here. I stayed up to watch Letterman last night because Frank Caliendo said he would mention Don and Mike. Check out the 1:53 mark here; Caliendo came through.
    • So Mike Huckabee wants to amend the Constitution to more closely echo the word of God? Nice. Can we find a way to get him the nomination?
    • Hillary used the term "green-collared job" to refer to something that would make us less oil-dependent. Who coined that and how can we stop it from ever being said again?
  • Daily Rant:
    • So many choices! Edwards' pandering? Huckabee's integration of Church and State? Nah, this is more timely and has angered me for way longer than the other things.
    • The war in Iraq. The mortgage crisis. Anything that affects any American. These things are important uses of Congress' time. The issue of steroids in baseball is not. Are we best served by Tom Davis getting some camera time and getting to meet his favorite players? We have kids who can't read, veterans living under a bridge (I feel like John Edwards has mentioned this at some point), and people in the millions without healthcare. But a Congressman is using his salary for a witch hunt that nobody cares about. Impeach Tom Davis. He is misrepresenting the people of Virginia and wasting everyone's time and money.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, just to remind you, the Democrats now have the majority in the House of Representatives...which means Henry Waxman is Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Governmental Reform...which means it was his decision to hold hearings and conduct investigations on steroids in baseball. (Yes, I recognize that last time around it was Davis, but he doesn't get to call the shots anymore.)

Josh said...

Davis got the whole ball of wax going, but then let's go after Waxman, too. I don't care about the party, it's just wasteful.

Josh said...

By the way, I thought I would get to you by putting you in the same sentence with Michael Moore, but I guess not. :)

Anonymous said...

I assumed you were just choosing examples to highlight the wide diversity of opinion coming out of Michigan. :-)