Monday, January 7, 2008

Germany vs. Gladiators -- My Choice Might Surprise You!

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • We gave the new "American Gladiators" about ten minutes. It's truly awful. Like if there were an "American Gladiators" in the world of Idiocracy, it would be this show.
    • On "Deal Or No Deal" tonight, we found out there is an African-American motocross champion. Motocross champion, President -- I'm sure Abraham Lincoln didn't see this coming!
    • Don and Mike back live today. The awful commute down Montrose was actually bearable.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Remember the "Gary Kasparov Test"? If you think I chose the wrong winner, deal with it! A whole other country agrees with me.
    • Nick Hornby, one of my favorite writers, interviews David Simon, writer of the best show on TV. Planets collide! Simon says some great stuff about Baltimore in here. (Thanks, Louise)
  • Fearless Prediction:
    • Round 2 tomorrow night, worthless Wyoming excluded. The Obama movement continues and McCain becomes the second really legit candidate for the GOP. I think the big story will be the margin of victory, not who won. I have Obama by 10 and McCain by 7. The only threat to that McCain margin is if the independents go all out for the junior Senator from Illinois, which obviously wouldn't be a huge shock.

No comments: