- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- All kinds of Indiana Jones stuff on TV this weekend, from the movies to "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" episodes to a special on History tomorrow night. Getting psyched for the movie. I might actually pop in a DVD or two tomorrow.
- Still reading Walking The Bible and liking it a lot. My favorite story so far: St. Catherine's is the monastery at the base of the mountain that some believe to be Mount Sinai. In the Bible, not only did Moses receive the Torah at Sinai, but it's where he saw the Burning Bush. So at this monastery, they have a huge bush that they say is the same one that Moses saw. They also have a fire extinguisher next to the bush, just in case someone were to set it ablaze. There's some real irony for you, Ms. Morissette.
- There's also a "Ninja Warrior" marathon all weekend on G4. Here's who wouldn't think "Ninja Warrior" is awesome: dead people.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- This video of what the other side of the O'Reilly rant might have looked like is really funny.
- Played golf today. Badly. I had a few good shots in there, but playing once or twice a year does not help you with consistent play.
- Daily Rant:
- A lot of people talk about the similarities between the world in George Orwell's 1984 and post-9/11 America under the Bush administration. That article is from 2002 and things have only gotten worse since then. Read this wikipedia article on Newspeak, a type of language used by the totalitarian government in 1984 and then watch the video below that shows Chris Matthews' fight with a guest on "Hardball" and a subsequent interview. I haven't seen anything this frightening and well-said and, well, sad in a while: