- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Starting to catch up on a bunch of "Twilight Zone" episodes that I have on the DVR. We talk about how great the writing is on "Lost" or "House", but nothing comes close to Rod Serling.
- Didn't comment on the passing of Sydney Pollack, but he's been great in a lot of random things lately. My favorite recent quirky performance: the janitor at Johnny Sack's prison in "The Sopranos".
- Watched a bit of Knocked Up this evening. Forgot how funny some of the scenes are; that movie captures so well how guys talk to each other when women aren't around. Judd Apatow has a little Nick Hornby in him, in that way.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- Took the dog up to the new house today and let him explore. So cute, sniffing around everywhere frantically.
- Yuck, this lobbyist thing is out of control. And yes, the title of that article is really, really funny.
- Daily Rant:
- It's not a super new thing that ESPN hypes albums on their broadcasts, but it ticks me off all the same. They did it really badly during Monday Night Football this year, but I'm watching their Dodgers-Cubs telecast and they came out of the commercial break playing Usher's new song and commenting on it. Usher's new song? Nothing gets me psyched for baseball like sucky R&B. I can't wait until they pump up the NBA playoffs with the new Travis Tritt.