Friday, May 23, 2008

Mum's The Word

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Pretty good "Grey's Anatomy" season finale. The whole musical chairs ending was funny; everyone jump to the next person that you haven't hooked up with (for the most part). I like how they've started testing the boundaries of having serious same-sex couples on a hugely popular drama.
    • Saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I'm not going to even mention a single plot point. I won't even go in depth into a review, other than to say, "thumbs up." Looking forward to discussing it after a few more of you have seen it. The only non-plot-related note was that I greatly enjoyed a few references to the old Indy movies and some other Lucas fare. See what you can catch.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • The Wii Fit is awesome. How we went from sitting on the couch playing Madden to sweating and feeling sore is beyond me. It's so beyond anything I've ever seen from a "video game" that it doesn't really feel like one.
    • Glad McCain denounced Hagee. Wish it would have come a little sooner. As opposed to Obama, he didn't have to dance around the sensitive issue of turning on a friend.
    • Here it is, again. Stiller, Black, and Downey are singing about leaving (leaving).
    • Financing went through, stress is pretty much gone. As of Tuesday, I'll have paid approximately 20 times more for something than I ever have in my lifetime, education aside.
  • Daily Rant:
    • I managed to not be at work for most of yesterday, yet this week still seems impossibly long. And it's nothing... Next week is going to stink.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, do you mean you bought a house? Congratulations! Where? C'mon, details! :-)

Josh said...

I guess I haven't seen you in a while and others would have heard about it on Facebook.

We bought a townhouse in Germantown. Settlement is on Tuesday, we're moving in early June.

Shtetl Fabulous said...

Without a doubt, Jack Black is the best dancer in the bunch!