Saturday, February 2, 2008

Poop, Bigotry, And Reality -- Just Another Friday

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • The last couple of episodes of "Monk" have been pretty good. I thought last week's (with the bank vault) was one of the best ever.
    • Daniel Baldwin is a tool and all, but this texting scandal was quite unexpected.
    • Bought the new Stephen King book today.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • I refuse to get my hopes up, no matter how the polling trends are going.
    • Here is the latest funniest video you may not have seen. The moral: don't look up!
    • All that's left of my cold is a bad cough, but that made it hard to watch "Monk" and "The Soup" tonight. Every time I laughed out loud, it hurt, which was quite often.
    • I believe if you play this video backwards, Dick Morris actually says, "I'm a despicable person."
  • Your List Sucks!:
    • Top 5 Reality Shows
      • 5. "The Biggest Loser" -- It is reasonably compelling. Cheesy at times, sure, but it's watchable.
      • 4. "The Amazing Race" -- There's a decent amount of drama and it is great to see all of the different places they go and cultures they experience. It's just lacking some oomph for me for some reason.
      • 3. "American Idol" -- If the finalists this year are as bad as last year, this will move down the list. However, Simon and Seacrest are still funny enough to make the auditions worthwhile. Here's hoping that they don't gloss over Hollywood Week like they did last time.
      • 2. "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" -- If you're still not watching this, you're missing out more than you know. It's actually replaced "Idol" as the third-most-talked-about show at the office (behind "Lost" and "Heroes"). I did a whole post on it, but that won't stop me from saying a million more times how much I love this show.
      • 1. "Survivor" -- Season premiere this Thursday. Don't sleep. The first and still greatest of the reality game shows.

No comments: