Monday, February 4, 2008

Some Sunday/Weekend Bits

Just a few final thoughts from a restful weekend:
  • Boring first 45 minutes; great fourth quarter. That play is going to be shown for many years to come. By the end, I would have been pretty much just as happy if the Pats had pulled it out. I just wanted an entertaining game.
  • Has anyone gone from first-round bust to super-duper-star faster than Eli Manning?
  • Good thing the game was intriguing because this was THE worst batch of commercials ever. Yes, even worse than the year after Janet.
  • If you didn't log any time with Animal Planet today, you missed "Puppy Bowl IV". Fun, mindless background TV with some actual comedy when the fake ref had to come out to clean up dog waste, of both kinds.
  • By the way, I think my favorite part of any Super Bowl is the beginning of halftime, when the fake crowd runs out onto the field to get near the stage. I don't know why, but it amuses the hell out of me.
  • I do have to get one other thing off my chest about the commercials. There was one about a dalmatian and a Clydesdale training or something and they used the Rocky music. Someone at the party shouted, "Drago!" The problem is that Stallone didn't actually use Bill Conti's music from the other films for Rocky IV because of a contract dispute. I didn't say anything at the party, but it was bugging me, particularly when "Burning Heart" by Survivor, the training song for that movie, came on the radio on the way home.
  • I think I'm more looking forwards to the Big Game on Tuesday in 22 states than I was to the one today. Watched "Meet The Press" this morning (is it weird to say that I really liked Mike Murphy's tie?), along with "Real Time with Bill Maher.
  • If I had the chance to vote on Tuesday in the California Primary, I would not be able to vote for Hillary Clinton after her lies regarding her support of the War in Iraq.

No comments: