Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's America's Turn... To Pick A Mediocre Singer

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • "American Idol" narrowed it down to 24 tonight. I've been a big fan of both Brooke White and David Archuleta all along. I don't love Carly, the Irish chick.
    • I'm super-bummed that Sanjaya-to-be Kyle didn't make it. It probably would have allowed votefortheworst.com to hijack the show again. Not that I'm against that.
    • This Million-Dollar-Mission crap on "Deal or No Deal" is ruining the hidden intellectual value of the show.
    • Of all of the politicians that showed up on MSNBC's coverage last night, the best, by far, was Adrian Fenty. Dude is a superstar.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Great job by Diane this morning on DC101's Elliott in the Morning. She reported a news story that the KKK has endorsed Obama because they hate Clinton so much. Uh, no. Good fact-checking, class, Snopes being an obscure site and all.
    • Major thanks to Roy for my new favorite YouTube video of the year. Attention voters of Wisconsin and Hawaii, you must watch this song and then vote for Clinton. She is the coolest candidate with the coolest supporters. Who needs Scarlett Johansson when you have these folks? In all seriousness, sort of, notice the one-star rating and, even more important, that comments have been disabled? And doesn't it remind you a bit of this classic 2007 clip?
    • OK, because I'm all about honesty, I choked up a bit yesterday when I looked at the confirmation screen on my voting machine and saw for whom I voted for President and what it meant.
  • Daily Rant:
    • How far will Clemens push these lies? Will he totally destroy his Cooperstown bid? As much as I disapprove of Congress drilling down to this detail for the camera time, I'm also on a big old Elijah Cummings kick right now, so you go, Elijah. Tell that liar what you think and keep repping B-More!

No comments: