Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Undue Process

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Getting into the swimming a little. Still not up on all of the technical stuff, but it's pretty apparent that Phelps is considerably better than everyone else.
    • I've been meaning to stick a blogroll up on the left side. Right now, the go-tos (they change every so often) are Andrew Sullivan, DailyKos, Marc Ambinder, and fivethirtyeight.com.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • I'm not mad at Tiger for not showing up this weekend. I'm paying to see him play, not walk around. If he can't play, I don't really care if I see him wave from a golf cart.
    • On my baseball preview, I had Tampa as the most underrated team. It wasn't a huge stretch, but they are really legitimately good.
  • Daily Rant:
    • Had an interesting conversation at work today about the death penalty. My thoughts: If there's even the smallest, slightest chance that someone who might be innocent could be executed, I don't think we should have it. Otherwise, I have no philosophical problem with it. Regardless of what you think about it, this story about the alleged cop-killer being murdered in his cell is beyond horrible. I hope it opens up deeper looks into our justice system.

No comments: