Thursday, July 24, 2008

Muppet Rap-stravaganza

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Mostly just caught up with "Countdown" for the week tonight. That means lots of pointing McCain's many, many gaffes of the last week and an appearance by Joel McHale tonight. I also have this irrational hatred of Bill O'Reilly... Oh, that's called being human.
    • I turn on the TV at 11 tonight and go about deciding if I'll watch "Daily Show" or a "Family Guy" rerun. But, no! I've discovered that The N (one of those random Nick stations on digital cable) runs "Saved By The Bell" from 11 until midnight. My love for the saga of Bayside High has been documented.
  • Random Thoughts/Links (Special Muppet Edition):
    • I'm starting to get a little obsessed with people posting videos to YouTube where parts of "The Muppet Show" are synched up with popular songs. Here are a bunch.
    • Beaker performs "Yellow" by Coldplay.
    • Scooter helps on "Stay Fly" by Oscar-winners Three Six Mafia.
    • As much as I hate the song, The Count and Ernie do "Crank That" by Soulja Boy.
    • Sort of a creepy beginning, as Ernie sits in the bathtub and sings Coolio's "Gangster's Paradise".
    • The ultimate and very NSFW: The Muppets do "F*** The Police" by NWA.
  • Daily Rant:
    • We've all read and heard countless rants about the decreased attention span nowadays and the economy is suffering from an extreme case of entitlement around the country. In our 800 channel, On Demand, personal display-entertainment-communication device culture, it's very easy to take things for granted. We're on to the next thing all the time. So, I'm taking a step back and appreciating the internet for a second. Last night, over Facebook, I chatted with a former co-worker who now lives in Argentina and with whom I hadn't spoken in a year. Really, how cool is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only watched the Ernie clip, but that was funny!

I wonder if the DC appearance will turn into a concert!? :-)

www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/12/muppets.
smithsonian.ap/index.html