- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- If you missed either of the last two "The Soup Presents" episodes, you missed Joel McHale bashing President Bush pretty harshly. Not a surprise -- he's a) rational and b) a regular guest on "Countdown" -- but it's still unexpected on a pop culture show on E!. In the funnier of the two references (no video available, unfortunately), he also slides in a reference to Obama winning the election. Kudos, Joel; I like my comedy real.
- This is the anti-McCain ad that Planned Parenthood debuted during "Project Runway" tonight. I'm a big fan. It's based on this very awkward video from last week when McCain was asked about statements that surrogate Carly Fiorina made.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- Here is the latest from JibJab. I'm sure you've already seen it. It's their best yet.
- Yeah, I stayed up and watched the whole All-Star Game last night. Just a little tired this morning. The extra innings were the best part, by far, though; the defensive wizardry of Miggy Tejada and Russell Martin was tremendous.
- Daily Rave:
- The Senate passed the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) tonight, including the John Kerry/Gordon Smith amendment striking down the ridiculous HIV immigration ban. A big congratulations and thank you to (wait for it... wait for it...) the President for being a champion of something so important to America and the world. Here is the write-up by Andrew Sullivan, who as an HIV-positive foreign national has more to gain than most.