Monday, July 7, 2008

Freedom... Yeah, Right

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • With Showtime now, we just started watching "Weeds" on DVD in order to catch up. Hilarious. Plus, Mary-Louise Parker shares my birthday, which is awesome.
    • This is a really well-done discussion of the political themes in Wall-E. It's all spoiler, so don't read it if you haven't seen the movie. Instead, go see it and then read the article.
    • I really have very little desire to see Hancock, but I'm curious to know what the crazy twist is that apparently ruins the movie. I can wait for DVD, I suppose (I know there are plenty of sites to find it, but that's no fun).
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • This is fairly interesting. Not shocking, but it's always nice to see in print.
    • Now that I'm a homeowner, a friend asked me if I had been to Home Depot more than once a week. It's true that my Home Depot visits have gone up to once or twice a month from, let's see, about zero times a year, but I can't change over that easily. Today, I went to a store to see about a lawn mower, but they didn't have what I wanted. So I could wander around to see about some other potential projects or I could hit the Best Buy next door and window shop the Wii aisle. Not much of a choice.
  • Daily Rant:
    • They say that conversation is as much body language as anything else. If that's the case, why are some people horribly oblivious to it? Let's posit, for instance, that you're talking to someone and the other person is fidgeting, crossing and uncrossing their arms, looking over their shoulder constantly, and taking little steps away. Don't you think you'd let them be free, for God's sake?

No comments: