Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ah, But There Was A Murder

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Still going with "Weeds", but getting close to being caught up. I don't love the third season as much as the other two, it's dark but not quite so funny. Well, that is until one specific Pro-Life joke that was first shocking for a second and then fall-down funny.
    • Woefully behind on news shows. I think I have three "Countdown" episodes to go along with the usual "Chris Matthews Show" and "Meet The Press" tomorrow. I'm sure I'll find something in there that will tick me off enough to rant about.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Went out third in the monthly poker tournament tonight. I was short stack, though not by a ton, and was looking at 4s under the gun. The one fold, one person raised a small amount, I called. Flop came 2-7-8. I pushed all-in. I figured the other player had a high card because of the raise, and the low cards would favor my low pair. They called (after some thought) and showed A-7. I was half right. After a 6 hit on fourth street, I was looking at a straight draw and 6 outs (15% of the 40 remaining cards). No luck, though. It's a bit more loose-aggressive than I would normally play, but I think it was reasonable logic.
    • For any "Journeyman" (and "Rome") fans, it looks like Kevin McKidd will be joining "Grey's Anatomy" this fall.
    • This is the "Clip of the Week" segment from this week's "The Soup", but really I'm linking to it because of the new intro. Lou rocks. If I let my dog wear clothing, I'd totally get him this shirt.
  • Daily Rant:
    • Can we lay off of A-Rod, please? I have a damn fantasy championship to win.

No comments: