- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Movie #1: Step Brothers, starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. The key to this one: It's co-written by Ferrell and Director Adam McKay. They co-wrote Anchorman and Talladega Nights, but McKay wasn't involved in the not-so-good Blades of Glory. McKay's influence shows; the movie is hilarious. It's probably not as good as the first two I mentioned, but it has its moments and there are certainly a couple of memorable lines. Anytime you put Fergie and Jesus in the same sentence, you're going to get laughs.
- Movie #2: 21, based on the great Ben Mezrich book Bringing Down The House. The book is non-fiction and therefore has an ending that isn't exactly made for Hollywood. They change that in the film along with some other details to make the story flow, but the movie is very entertaining. That's all you can ask.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- It's blowout time. While the cat was away, the mouse has played and played and played. But he's ended up looking rather lost and pathetic. Said cat is back and it's time to put this whole thing to rest.
- I still don't get MMA nor why WJFK has seemingly hitched themselves to it.
- Sayonara, For Now:
- I'm off to Florida for a couple days for a professional conference and likely with no internet. The practice run on my 15-20 minute presentation felt like 10 minutes and was actually 27. There may be some other bloggers for Sunday and Monday. Otherwise, see you Tuesday.