Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No Cougars or Johnny Drama... Yet...

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Great 24 as the season closes next week. They even went old school with the Kim kidnapping. Those few seconds of Jack beating on Tony were among the most brutal I can remember seeing on broadcast TV.
    • The House season finale was also very good. They dropped a couple of hints with a weird cut at the beginning where the lipstick disappeared from his face and with the surreal camera work throughout. Very well done -- as soon as he realized everything was an addiction-fueled hallucination, the camera went from the unusual hand-cam shakiness to the usual steadiness.
    • Big ups to CBS! Our DVR messed up during How I Met Your Mother (which is weird, because House taped fine), but they had the episode up on-line later this evening.
    • If my DVR messes up on Wednesday? Bad, bad times. Pens-Caps Game 7, Idol, and the Lost season finale.
  • Random Hatred and/or Love:
    • Piercings outside of the ear area are icky. I could be on an island with this one, but I don't think I am.
  • Random Music Video:
    • In case you, like me, missed it on Saturday, here is the latest from Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I don't know - I think after all the stuff went down, I thought the end of 24 was pretty lame -- a regurgitation of the same plot from season 1.