Monday, May 18, 2009

Beep Beep Beep Beep

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • It's indisputable that this was a great season of 24. The question is whether it was a great season on its own right or if it was great because the last season was so bad. I'm not sure that the answer matters.
    • Notice their nod to the crappiness of last season? No, this guy was behind Palmer's assassination! Not Jack's father, it was this guy all along! We swear!
    • How I Met Your Mother was funny, but it's sort of fluff. The jokes are great, but I just don't really care about who the mother is going to be. In the grand scheme of TV mysteries, I'll take "What the f*** is going on with that island?" over "Who is going to marry the guy who somehow grows up to be Bob Saget even though he's already thirty-one?"
    • Going to re-watch The Stand. I could re-read it, and might, but I've been itching to go through it after the obvious Lost tribute to it.
  • Random Hatred and/or Love:
    • The other night, I posted those great videos about Cleveland, but I neglected to mention that the weirdest experience I've ever had regarding an urban area was in that city. There for a trip to Jacobs Field, Steve and I left the game a bit early to get to our car. It happened to be fireworks night and the post-game extravaganza was going on as we walked out of the ballpark. The streets were empty. Emptier than you've ever seen any city. So empty that there was no sound but the fireworks echoing off the buildings until it sounded like the city was being bombed. It's an eerie city, if you'll excuse the pun.
  • Random Haiku:
    • Two season finales left to go:

Adrianna's kid,
Will she keep it? Who might die?
90210.

Adam versus Kris:
Would I buy either album?
Not a chance in hell.

No comments: