- Movie of the Week: Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay. The reviews were lukewarm at best, but I enjoyed it. It's not as funny as the first, but it has its moments. If you know a movie isn't going to be Anchorman-level, all you can hope for is some great lines to remember, some surprise jokes, and a little surprise insight. You definitely get more than the bare minimum of all of that. So f*** you, donuts are good.
- Athlete of the Week: Chase Utley. He's the athlete of the month at this point.
- Activity of the Week: Eating matzah. The holiday is blessedly over.
- TV Show of the Week: "Lost". It's back and any Ben flashback/forward is a good one.
- Event of the Week: Rice being rationed by Sam's Club and Costco. That's some scary stuff when you really think about it.
- Person of the Week: Andrew Lloyd Webber. It's refreshing when someone on "Idol" is actually honest.
- Villain of the Week: Ira Katz. Really, just disgusting.
- Coming Attractions for Next Week: Work, work, and work. A mini-bachelor party on Friday.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Week In Review
Random bests from the past seven days: