Friday, April 11, 2008

Cherry Blossoms + 80-Degree Weather = Perfection

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • When I got home this evening, my cable box was on MSNBC from taping "Countdown" earlier. I was lucky enough to stumble onto a documentary called Meeting David Wilson about a young black man who tracks down the descendant of the family that owned his great-great-grandfather in North Carolina. More notable was the subsequent live panel discussion at Howard University. Just really fantastic, engaging stuff about race in America.
    • On a related note, the panel featured Michael Eric Dyson, a professor at Georgetown who has been on TV a lot lately, from "Hardball" to "Countdown" to "Real Time with Bill Maher". He is tremendous; I can't imagine ever being able to speak as eloquently and insightfully on an extemperaneous basis.
    • Today was the last ever Don and Mike Show as Don Geronimo retired. I've listened to the show since 1990, my freshman year of high school. I don't think it's quite hit me yet. I'll listen on podcast over the weekend, since I couldn't hear the whole thing today. We'll miss you, Don.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • You can have Central Park. There is no city in the U.S. (if not the world) that is as, well, perfect on a beautiful day as D.C.
    • Went to GW today to hang out with some friends and see the old place. It's changed a lot since undergrad, but it was pretty apparent that I've changed more than the campus has. College is a great time -- not much responsibility, mostly free on Fridays. I'll take my real paycheck and the freedom that comes with that and with being in the real world, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.