Monday, April 28, 2008

These Pipes Are Clean

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • The long-awaited return of "House" tonight. Only four episodes, but it's well worth even the little taste.
    • Watched The Darjeeling Limited last night. Much like the new Harold & Kumar, it got mixed reviews, but it was much better than I thought it would be. Wes Anderson has great comic timing and knows how to ride a running joke just long enough.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • 12-hour day at work. Unfortunately, it wasn't the last one of this week.
    • My dog went to the groomer and came back poofy and with a bandana around his neck. I'm very glad that he's not self-conscious at all, because he looked like a fancy lad.
    • I bet you never thought you'd ever hear another Cabin Boy reference. I bet you have no idea what Cabin Boy even is.
  • Daily Rant:
    • I don't know what it was about the weather today. I'm normally not super affected by gloomy days, but I was just bumming all day. There was no reason, because this morning was the meeting each year where I get the most props in front of the entire staff, plus via meetings and various other means, I managed to do an amazingly small amount of actual work during the regular 9-5 hours. Maybe it's because I knew I had a long day; maybe it's because the weather has been so perfect over the last week or so and it was nasty today. Regardless, Monday is not the best day to be miserable, with four more days left to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you need a break during your 12-hour days this week, try checking out part of "Dancing With the Stars" -- Jason Taylor's first dance was fantastic! Not such a fan of his second dance performed to the NFL theme, but the first one was really good (even if it did remind me of Fred Flintstone learning ballet in order to improve his bowling score).

Shannon Elizabeth, though, has to go. She's just annoying. Even if she is trying real hard, she's just not that good or entertaining. Kind of like Brooke on "American Idol". :-)

Yes, I admit it; I think I've become hooked on DWTS. It might even edge out AI for me by now if they were on at the same time.

Josh said...

I tried watching it once, but just couldn't get into it. It seemed horribly cheesy, but that's how Idol used to seem to me too, so who knows.

I think I have to watch Jason Taylor's dance at least to see the Fred Flinstone thing, nice reference!