Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Fans Are Stupid

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Three words to describe this week's "Survivor": Oh... my... God...
    • I mean, we all knew Jason was a moron, but why didn't James say anything? I wouldn't be totally surprised if James pulled off some kind of switch-up next week. Not saying it will happen, just saying I wouldn't be totally surprised.
    • "He sends shivers halfway down my spine." Ha! Great "Earl".
    • Great Final Jeopardy today. Something like, "This plains state capital doesn't contain any letters in the name of its state."
    • Method Man is so good on "C.S.I.:" and (was) on "The Wire". Yet they can't quite find the right show or movie for him to be the lead.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • The only way you can convince me that the Democratic primary wasn't over when she couldn't put him away on Super Tuesday is if she wins the nomination. Since she won't, I'm not backing off of it, no matter how long she sticks around and wastes her donors' money.
    • Shaun Alexander was released by the Seahawks a day or two ago. Goes to show that running backs are pretty interchangeable unless they're all-around weapons like Tomlinson or Westbrook.
    • Chase Utley is just absurd. With Howard and Rollins having won the MVP the last two seasons, I wonder if any team has ever had three different guys win the award three seasons in a row. I'll try to look it up. My guess is no, but if anyone, it would have to be the Yanks in the late '50s/early '60s.
  • "Lost" Comments/Questions of the Week:
    • Well, if there was any question remaining that the monster from the pilot episode was the black smoke, that question has been answered. How crazy was that scene?
    • Ben can control the black smoke? Has he always controlled everything it does?
    • What's with this crazy feud between Ben and Widmore? How did it start? What about the island are they fighting over? What's with these "rules"?
    • Pretty shocking scene there with Alex.
    • Were the people on the ship lying about the doctor being fine? Or, since time is so weird between the island and the outside world, was the doctor still fine in their "when" but dead in the island's "when"?
    • At the end, Ben says that Penny will never find the island. If she's still looking for it, is Desmond still alive and on the island? In other words, just because we know 6 people made it off doesn't mean necessarily that all of the rest of them are dead. In fact, it stands to reason that nobody in the general public knew that the Oceanic Six were even on that specific island, since Penny obviously doesn't know where it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assuming I understand the question correctly, that's an easy final jeopardy question! Was it a regular episode (not kids or anything)? Geez, I would have cleaned up. Just like the million dollar question last night on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" -- how many people signed the Declaration of Independence? (Yes, I understand that that's assuming I could have answered a lot/all the questions before the final question, but let me have my delusions! :-)

Josh said...

I thought of Pierre, but I screwed up and thought it was North Dakota, so I dismissed it. With only 30 seconds to get it, I think it's a little tricky because you have to go through everything so quickly.