Sunday, April 6, 2008

April Madness

A few quick thoughts on the Final Four games:
  • Both blowouts, but still very entertaining. When you take into account the quality of all four teams, the basketball was at a very high level.
  • I guess Memphis is just a little better than I thought.
  • Derrick Rose is amazing. He really can do anything he wants at any time.
  • Kansas played as well for those first 12 or 13 minutes as any team can possibly play. They were everywhere -- it looked like they were playing 7-on-5. I knew Kansas was a better team than Carolina; more athletic, big guys to disrupt Hansbrough's inside game. I just didn't know they were that much better.
  • Prediction for Monday night: I have to go with Memphis with Rose being the difference. I just don't know if he can be stopped. The only caveat is that Kansas is so scrappy and so quick that they can actually run with Memphis.
  • No matter what, this is going to be a hell of a game Monday night. Vegas has Memphis (-1) with a total of 146. Take the over!!!

No comments: