Thursday, November 8, 2007

You're A Little Bit Country, We're A Little Bit Better Than You

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • "Survivor" has so many great personalities this season. Frosti is really growing on me.
    • Apparently, fresh off of her performance on Capitol Hill this morning, my mom is going to be on NPR at 9 tomorrow morning.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Just one -- this brought down the house at work today. There's no way you can watch it without cracking a smile.
  • Daily Rant:
    • I have to be honest, I have no idea what the ratings were like for last night. However, why must the networks shove the CMA Awards down our throats in prime time of sweeps month? If I'm not mistaken, the majority of the country lives on the coasts in California and the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. We're already living through eight years of the worst administration in our and anyone else's lifetimes catering to the same people who love their Kellie Pickler. How did this become the power base in my country? 145 years ago, we could have just fired on them from Fort Sumter and be done with it. At some point, I plan on going ahead with the full state rankings, but I ask you this: Is any red state really better than any blue state? Let's get some secession going, but it can be good-natured. We can agree to disagree. I'll go visit if I want really fried food or a trip to Disney World. You can come up for any of our fine sports teams. You can have Carrie, we'll take Kanye. You can have LeBron, we'll take Kobe. Vegas and New Orleans will be that much more exotic a trip for us. Bill Clinton lives in New York now and Bill Richarson is no great loss. We'll take Hillary and Obama as our leaders and you can have your President for as long as you want him. We'll even throw in the former mayor of our greatest city to sweeten the deal.

No comments: