Daily Wii Fitness Age: 26
- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Why didn't he play it? Why?
- My working late Tuesday night has thrown me way behind on "Countdown." I'm a little blind to what's going on in the world right now.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- My dog had some minor surgery today and the anesthesia has made him a drooling idiot all night. More so than usual.
- Let's say you went ten years into the future... Which would come as a bigger shock: finding out that President Bush has a strong legacy or finding out that Tim Gunn was straight all along?
- Your List Sucks!:
- Top 5 Currently Running Shows (Fiction) on Cable:
- Flight of the Conchords (HBO): Netflix the first season -- you won't regret it. They are "New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo" and every episode is fall-down funny.
- Dexter (Showtime): He's a serial killer who preys only on criminals who have escaped justice. And he's a cop. I'm woefully behind on the second season, but the first had enough darkness and wit to warrant this ranking.
- Monk (USA): Adrian Monk is the second-best character on TV to Greg House. His ability to go from humor to sadness at a moment's notice makes this comedy poignant, which is all you can ask from a show.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): It's the sheer discomfort that makes this show so funny. Larry does all of the things that we either wish we could do or wonder what would happen if we did them. He pushes the envelope like no other comedy ever.
- The Wire (HBO): It's not TV. It's visceral, brutal, depressing, and unflinchingly real. I can say without hyperbole that it's the most important show in history.