Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Two Weeks To Civil War

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • For a few years, Entourage has been entertaining TV, but not what I would call "good". As such, I went into this season with fairly low expectations and it would have been second to only 24 (sorry, haven't watched the movie yet) on the shows that annoy me enough that I could potentially drop them. No more. This season was wonderful. They finally were able to tear Vinny down in a meaningful way and inject serious conflict and tension into the show. All of that culminated in last night's season finale. It's kind of cliche to shoot New York as gritty like Scorsese or Saturday Night Fever, but it was a nice contrast to the sleek style in Hollywood. There was some great stuff with Vince feeling like a fraud as his friends and family applauded him and, of course, Ari showing up unexpectedly in Queens. Suffice to say that as the season ended, I had a huge smile on my face. It's been a few years, but Entourage is back.
    • I'm more of a Survivor guy, so I've only put cursory thought into what it would be like to be on The Amazing Race. When I do though, my greatest fear is that I would end up a nerdy Jewish f***-up like Dan and Andrew.
    • A little behind, so Heroes remains on the DVR with the aforementioned 24 movie. Going to be a tough TV-watching week with holiday preparations going on.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • YouTube has a feature that recommends videos based on what you've watched recently. It's funny to see what they choose; not all of them make sense. I have Soup clips, funny hamsters and other pets, people getting dunked on, and Hadag Nachash/You Don't Mess With The Zohan clips.
    • This classic was on the list. I'd never seen the original. Then, from the related video list, I chose this other classic. That's it though, not getting into the YouTube game tonight and staying up until 3.
  • Daily Rant:
    • So the NFL flexed the Redskins-Ravens game on Dec. 7 to Sunday Night Football. With the playoffs on the line, the Redskin hatred in Baltimore, and a full day of drinking, I'm expecting a serious amount of fights in the stands. Like guys pulling their prosthetic legs off and beating people and battle lines being drawn between Montgomery/PG and Baltimore County/Baltimore City. I am frightened that it will result in the good parts of Maryland destroying each other, leaving only Cumberland and the Eastern Shore, whereby the Free State would drop from #2 to like #49 in my next rankings. Sorry, Mississippi.

No comments: