- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- I've pretty much weaned myself off of the news shows. I still a check a blog or two to read about the recounts or because I want to support their work, but I deleted three days of Countdown this morning and I didn't DVR The Chris Matthews Show or Meet The Press. That being said, I did catch 60 Minutes tonight, with the first post-election Obama interview. Great, great stuff. Very interesting and very funny. I think the best line was when the interviewer asked Barack and Michelle about if Michelle's mother will be moving in, along with the new dog. Barack's response: "You want me to compare my mother-in-law to a dog? I'm smarter than that! I just got elected president, man."
- Big DVD day on Tuesday, as my favorite movie of the year, Wall-E, and my favorite comedy of the year, Tropic Thunder, both get released. If you didn't see Wall-E in the theaters, it's a must on Netflix.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- I'm not surprised that the Ravens got schooled today, but I'm not happy that the defense got beaten so badly. I think they can still win enough to sneak into the playoffs, especially in a surprisingly weak AFC.
- I watched the whole Eagles-Bengals overtime because I'm a glutton for punishment like that. I don't know which is more disappointing: ties or the Eagles.
- I still think the Cowboys (and Romo) are overrated, though obviously the Skins aren't nearly as good as I thought. The Titans and Giants are completely for real.
- Daily Rant:
- I assume it's not going to be discussed anywhere, but there was some major gambling craziness today. We're talking the Chris Duhon shot on steroids. Pittsburgh was -4 against San Diego today. They trailed 10-8 with under a minute to go when Willie Parker scored, but it was called back because of a penalty. The Steelers then kicked the field goal to up 11-10. No chance for a cover, right? The Chargers get the ball with 15 seconds left and Rivers throws a short pass and the laterals begin. As one is being thrown, Troy Polamalu tips it away, picks it up and scores with no time remaining. 17-10 Steelers, miracle cover!!! But... The ref reviews the play and determines that there was an illegal forward pass and therefore there was no fumble and no touchdown. Final score was 11-10, the cover was stolen. Watch the play. There wasn't anything even close to a forward pass. The refs made an awful call and it cost a lot of people money. Also, I have the Steelers D on my fantasy team, so that sucked too.