Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ewoks Take To The Streets

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • My sincerest apologies as I realized today that I had not yet watched the new season of Celebrity Rehab, but I watched the opener today. You may remember that last season, Rehab was my favorite new show besides Kid Nation. Dr. Drew is so serious about it that it transcends the feel of a lot of the other "Celebreality"-type shows, such as many that I saw Joel McHale make fun of last night. This season should be good again, because of the doctor and his staff, although Gary Busey promises to be annoying as the crazy guy who thinks he's clean and some sort of guru. Can't wait for him to rip out someone's endocrine system. Also, Stephen Adler, the original drummer for G'n'R is f***ed up.
    • I watched Wednesday's episode of Countdown, which has two notable segments -- one that talks about reaction to the election from around the world, the other which is a retrospective on Tuesday night (which was a bit of a tearjerker in a good way). Pay attention to the video of people celebrating in the streets of Chicago, Atlanta, and all around the world. It's the end of the Return of the Jedi Special Edition!
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • I admit, I didn't get my McCain essay quite right. It was a bit lazy. Whereas I had the Obama one written in my head for days, I started at a certain point with McCain and just let it flow. I do think that I still like him, especially considering his gracious concession speech. I meant more to say that he has to re-earn my trust on the "maverick" thing. I won't buy that until he proves it again.
    • After I hit the ABC video the other day, I decided to drop a triple play on you with these other videos from the early '90s. We have ABC's competition, Vanilla Ice's competition, and a classic for old time's sake. Do you think that John McCain would have scored more points if he introduced himself as the Miggidy-miggidy-miggidy-miggidy-Mac?
    • That may have been a disservice to Naughty By Nature. I'm a big believer in the fact that you can make a hit record by just sampling a Jackson 5 tune. More on that tomorrow.
  • Your List Suck!: Top 5 Teams After Week 9:
    • 5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Just know that I don't believe in this team at all.
    • 4. Carolina Panthers -- They have a legit shot to upset the NFC East and get into the Super Bowl.
    • 3. Pittsburgh Steelers -- I didn't believe in this team a couple of weeks ago, but I do now.
    • 2. N.Y. Giants -- What can you say about the Giants and the Titans? They're both very good.
    • 1. Tennessee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arm me with harmony...