- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Watched Scanners, the 1981 sci-fi/horror film by David Cronenberg. I suppose it's considered a low-budget classic, but I don't quite understand why. The makeup effects at the end are very good, but the acting is very bad.
- However, it does co-star Patrick "Number 6" McGoohan of the classic 1960s show, "The Prisoner". "The Prisoner" is out on DVD now and I highly highly recommend it, having watched a marathon of its 17 episodes on SciFi some years back. It deals with a British secret agent who is kidnapped and sent to an island that is a giant metaphor for the Soviet Union. The climax in the show's final episode is a much more effective spoof of Dr. No than Austin Powers is.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- Okay, this is horrible nitpicking and could very well be a coincedence. But it's pretty amusing.
- Here's Obama's response ad to the "Celebrity" stuff. It's funny enough, but it fails to mention McCain's appearances in "24" or Wedding Crashers. Maybe they couldn't get the rights?
- Daily Rant:
- Howard Wolfson is a moron. A moron. Here's an analysis of why by Nate Silver, but you don't even need the fancy numbers. Wolfson's claim is an obvious fallacy of logic, but even more so, he's playing sour grapes by calling into question the legitimacy of the party's nominee. Not that the whole Clinton machine hasn't been doing that, mature adults that they are. But, Howard, you do want to work again in Washington, right?