- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Phelps does it again. Apparently the 100M Fly, tomorrow night, is the one where he may not be the favorite.
- You have to love the Olympics in that it's about the only time you'll hear a national commentator be purely partisan. As Rebecca Soni came on to win her upset victory, Rowdy Gaines screamed, "Yes! Yes!" Not going to hear Troy Aikman do that too often during NFL coverage.
- They showed Mary Lou Retton during gymnastics coverage (and it's weird watching these little girls; the same reason I don't like the Little League World Series) right as she was drinking a bottle of Coke Zero. They told her she was about to be on, right? I mean, nobody actually drinks that stuff, right?
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- I love this story about McCain and Ridge. It not only feeds into the fears of social conservatives, but it also helps to highlight that McCain himself is anti-choice, which could be a big factor in expanding Obama's lead among women.
- Taking the day off tomorrow and going to see Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder. I'll be sure to review them, obviously.
- Daily Rant:
- In line at Safeway tonight, the girl in front of me had a cheek piercing. Yes, her cheek, right smack in the middle of it. It looked like she had a gold safety pin sticking out of her face. Do you know how f***ing stupid that looks?