- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- I'm not totally feeling the Nancy/Esteban thing on "Weeds", but the Andy as Moses jokes were hilarious. "He gave us a juice box and big crackers."
- Watched the movie Stop-Loss last night, starring Ryan Phillippe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and others. It's kind of overly dramatic, but it's well done. Phillippe is one of my favorite recent actors, great in Breach and Crash and Flags of Our Fathers. Obviously, the point of the movie is to drive home how horrible war is and how poorly the government treats some soldiers. I don't know that in real life it's quite so extreme, though I do think cases happen, of course. Regardless, I'll go on believing what I've believed all along. No matter the partial success of the surge, no matter the drop in casualties; we lost this war, in the grand sense, the second we invaded.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- Eric Cantor doesn't guarantee McCain Virginia, just like Evan Bayh won't (yes, I said will not) guarantee Obama Indiana. I'm not going out on a limb to say that, right?
- From the website of Will Ferrell and Adam McKay (the second-funniest current writing team to Judd Apatow and _________), here is Paris Hilton's response to John McCain as she announces her candidacy for the White House. Unfortunately for her, the number 35 in the Constitution refers to minimum age and not minimum blood-alcohol level. Yes, I'm looking at you, Andrew Jackson.
- After watching that video, I clicked around on some other ones. How have I never spent time on Funny Or Die? Great stuff.
- Daily Rant:
- I'm going to be single for the next eight days. Some married guys might cherish this, but I don't think they remember being single. I'm bound to get fired when I show up for work early next week unshaven, with wrinkled clothing and the unmistakable stench of laziness.