Saturday, August 23, 2008

And They Are Indisputable

These are the facts:
  • Sure, I sent a hoax text (not a very good one) to a friend and he sent one back. But then tonight, amid all of the rumored scrambling in Delaware, I'm talking to my mom on the phone when I get a text. I stammer, "Mom, I gotta go. I'll give you a call back." But no, just one from the same friend furthering the Biden speculation. Word is it's coming in the morning.
  • I have to be fair and balanced like Fox, so let me say that this video that a bunch of celebrities did for Obama sucks. It's lame and creepy at the same time. It, or any other video, still has a long way to go to take the title of cheesiest campaign video. That still belongs to "Hillary4U&Me".
  • A short discussion at work today centered on the 6th pick in a fantasy football draft. Assuming 1-5 are, in some order, Tomlinson, Peterson, Jackson, Westbrook, and L. Johnson, do you go for the beginning of the second tier RBs like MBIII or Portis, or do you go to Brady? If you're taking a QB that high, it means that you think he'll duplicate last year's numbers. I just don't see it happening.
  • Guys I won't touch with a ten-foot pole in a fantasy draft this year (just off the top of my head): Maroney, Fargas, E. Manning, anyone with (X-Mia) next to their name.
  • I was going to complain that preparing for a fantasy football draft is tough, but then I realized that I can't complain because John McCain couldn't prepare for his fantasy football draft for five and a half years -- in prison.

No comments: