Thursday, December 20, 2007

In The Case Of Luke... Darth, You ARE The Father

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Since I've been working from home much of this week, I've gotten a chance to watch a bunch of "Maury". "Avenue Q" has a song about schadenfreude, which is a German word meaning roughly "pleasure at the misfortune of others". That is the crux of "Maury". Be it paternity or lie detector tests involving trailer trash or other downtrodden folks, the show is truly a joy to behold. It's like a skeevier "Jerry Springer Show".
    • By the way, today the guy WAS the father.
    • Right now, I'm watching a special on the first four seasons of "The Wire". I'm sure I'll go crazy more and more as January 6th approaches, but let me say it again: "The Wire" is the greatest and most important TV show ever.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • All through school, we're told that there's no such thing as a stupid question, but we all know that isn't true. I got asked one today. There are plenty of stupid questions.
    • If you haven't seen Mike Huckabee's Christmas ad, enjoy. Nice use of the cross shape, divisive jack-ass.
    • Alison Stewart, filling in for Olbermann, asked Chris Dodd on Tuesday why he would want to be President when he's such a great Senator. He really is.
  • Your List Sucks!:
    • Updated Best Films of 2007:
      • 5. Hairspray
      • 4. Superbad
      • 3. American Gangster
      • 2. Stardust: What a funny, beautiful movie. I'm sorry I didn't see it in the theater.
      • 1. No Country For Old Men: Maybe the best movie in a few years. Hard to believe that anything will unseat this.

No comments: