Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Eau de Diva

Why is it that all musicians now must have a fragrance named for them? Between Beyonce, Mariah and Britney, the number of unique "frangrances" have multiplied exponentially. In the past, you'd just shill for a product by saying you use it. Now the product is named for the singer. Do you really think Britney is involved in the process at all? Did she really try a number of different scents and said "That's the one for me!"

Other rants while Josh is still on vacation.
1) For those who like the show Best Week Ever, how could the band Journey not be a finalist for Best Year Ever? They were essentially irrelevant until the Sopranos finale brought them back into the mainstream. (Spoiler alert) They definitely had a better year than "Rehab".
2) Without John Stewart and The Daily Show on the air, I am averaging at least 45 minutes more sleep every night. Then again, I have no idea what is going on in the world.
3) Now that I have a few months of guitar lessons under my belt, I am amazed how easy many of music's greatest rock riffs are.
4) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley has been sitting on my bookshelf unread for six or seven years now. With a four day weekend soon concluding, I am ashamed I did not get to it earlier. A very interesting read.

Happy December 25th everyone!

No comments: