Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Biggest Chaos

Daily Wii Fitness Age: 22

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Why is it that the live "Biggest Loser" finale is always so disorganized? "Survivor" tends to keep it together pretty well on the reunion show, the Jerri Manthey "Survivor: All-Stars" walk-out aside.
    • Watched Paris Je T'Aime today. Granted, I didn't expect so much of it to be in French, but it was quite enjoyable. It's pretty cool to see all of the different styles. Alexander Payne wrote and directed the last part. I really admire his ability to get out-loud laughs from very subtle comedy. Think about it: the word I've most heard used to describe Election and Sideways is "perfect".
    • I finished "The Golden Compass" this afternoon and jumped right to the next book in the series. What a fantastic book. I'm very disappointed that they apparently took all of the anti-Vatican stuff out of the movie.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • On the tail of last night's bad Christmas sweater rant, here is a related video from QVC. On this week's "The Soup Presents", Joel McHale's comment on this backed me up: "Jews have good taste."
    • Even with the writers' strike in full swing, the best two shows on TV start up over the next month or so: "The Wire" on January 6th and "Lost" on January 31st.
    • No doubt Steve, the Ravens stink. Nothing else to say about it.
  • Daily Rant:
    • I'm actually going non-angry here. Spent a good amount of my day today at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital. Great place -- exceptionally nice, helpful people; free valet parking; very quick service. I thankfully haven't spent a lot of time in hospitals lately, but I can't imagine that's the usual deal.

No comments: