Monday, September 1, 2008

The Stuff That Jokes Are Made Of

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Back from the quick trip out of the country and caught up on Friday's episode of The Soup. The special guest appearance of the cat with spaghetti was great.
    • Tonight, I rewatched The Maltese Falcon, John Huston's 1941 masterpiece. It's near the top of any all-time movie list, so no review necessary. I just adore the last five or six minutes though, with Bogart's monologue and that wistful, famous last line.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • After everything good I had to say about Michelle Obama last week, Cindy McCain has to go and say this. Is it the dumbest thing said during the whole campaign? Survey says: Yes! Do you think she came up with it herself? I really hope not.
    • By the way, signs point to the case that I've been to Russia more (once) than the former beauty contest runner-up (for which she won $10, of course).
    • This has nothing to do with her qualifications, but here's video of Sarah Heath (before she got married to Todd Palin) doing a sportscast.
    • It's all Palin all the time, apparently. I saved up a lot while I was gone. I'm going to ignore the story that Daily Kos broke and Andrew Sullivan is touting, for now. Not even going to link to it, because it's too accusatory with only circumstancial evidence.
  • Daily Rant:
    • What it comes down to? Put aside any corruption charges, Monica Goodling-esque HR practices, potential belief in creationism, or absolute lack of knowledge about Iraq prior to last year. Alaska had a population of around 670,000 people in 2006. Go down this list of U.S. cities by population and there are 19 cities with more people than Alaska, and that doesn't count metro areas. Sarah Palin isn't even close to qualified to be the Governor of Maryland (to name one of, oh, 40 or so states I could have picked), much less President.

No comments: