Wednesday, September 3, 2008

RNC, Day Two (I Guess): Regrets

I greatly regret not doing a running diary tonight. I don't have much of an overarching theme, but I have a lot of small comments about what went on tonight. For instance, I could have talked about how Barbara Bush looks like Sparky Anderson with an afro. I could have written about the amount of coughing going on in all of the speeches (Keith Olbermann said that they had counted and Fred Thompson had cleared his throat 70 times). I may have had a comment or two about how poorly-written Lieberman's speech was (a lot of the lines lacked punch and included pronouns or modifiers that made the sentences unnecessarily long). Heck, I may have gotten serious and pointed out that neither Bush nor Thompson used the word "torture" and that Thompson's (very powerful) description of what happened to McCain is very much like what we do to people at Guantanamo Bay, or that when Laura said that Dubya has kept America safe she was maybe forgetting that he was President on 9/11 and that he may have also (don't remember) screwed up Katrina. But no, I didn't think about it until it was too late. So tomorrow, I guarantee that I will either liveblog or keep a running diary, as the first VP candidate with uber-shiksa appeal gives her acceptance speech.

Oh, by the way, she's definitely going to knock it out of the park. No joke.

But it still doesn't excuse McCain's poor judgment.

No comments: