Saturday, September 13, 2008

They Didn't Ask Him If The Earth Was Flat

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • An effective use of Lou on The Soup tonight. I was surprised that they brought back Spaghetti Cat after last week's ending, but they did it in a whole different way, so it didn't feel overdone.
    • I'm woefully behind on Monk. Those two weeks of convention coverage threw me off a bit.
    • I actually wanted to watch the Palin interview, but I didn't and didn't DVR it. I've caught pieces on YouTube though. Kudos to Charlie Gibson for actually being somewhat tough. With the confusion and minor backtracking, it sounds like the lipstick may be coming off the rose a little.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Here are some clips of McCain's (uncomfortable) appearance on The View. I think it was a commenter on TPM or Politico who said something along the lines of: "If John McCain can't beat Joy Behar in a debate, how in hell is he going to beat Barack Obama?"
    • Marc Ambinder of The Atlantic has done some fantastic reporting work all year. He's one of the true journalists among all of the opinion bloggers out there. This piece speaks better than any other I've read to the difference in attitudes between my Clinton convert friends and me.
  • Special Message:
    • I try to steer clear of my actual personal life because, really, who cares? But I have to (even though it's technically past midnight) wish my dear wife a happy birthday. You are smarter and more honest than Moosey the VP Clown. I hope you like your gift of faint praise.

No comments: