Thursday, September 18, 2008

That's Where I Want To Be

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • The big week for season premieres is next week, which gave me some time to check out the new 90210 tonight. The dialogue can be a bit cheesy. The cuts are a little weird. The lengths to which they went to conceal the father of Kelly's baby are a bit much, referring to him as "he", which led to some confusing sentences. In other words, it's pretty craptastic. In other words, I FREAKING LOVE IT! I'm so hooked, having watched the first four episodes in a row tonight. The two main characters (nice kids who move from the Midwest, imagine that!) are likeable -- one is an Anne Hathaway look-alike and the other is the kid who played Michael on The Wire (the 11th best character). You also get Jessica Walter, who played the mother on Arrested Development, and some other recognizable actors. Also some inside references, with Andrea and Jesse's daughter showing up and Nat coming on every so often and waxing poetic (a tad creepily) about Brandon. If you loved the original, you have to watch this show.
    • I'm looking for a book to read and leaning towards Thomas Friedman's The World Is Flat. His work in the Times is obviously quite good.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Politico's Ben Smith killed me today when he linked to this video while referencing what the economy needs. I mean, how freaking good was that song?
    • Speaking of Nate Dogg... Sorry to bum you out, but he's not in great shape.
    • Learning is fun.
  • Daily Rant:
    • I was surprised to learn today that Spain is not, in fact, in Latin America. Also it's a member of NATO and therefore an ally of ours. Who knew?

1 comment:

Roy said...

The next stop is the East-side motel.