Sunday, September 21, 2008

What Happened To The AFC?

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • There were some pretty good lines on Real Time this week. Most of them had to do with Maher talking about how dumb Americans can be. Next week, with his new HBO special on Saturday, Chris Rock will be on. That will be can't miss TV.
    • I've listened to Metallica's Death Magnetic a little bit and it really does sound like And Justice For All. A real return to when Metallica was building its reputation as the greatest metal band ever.
    • Entertainment Weekly came out with its list of the top ten dumbest shows on TV (the first ten at this link). I'm shocked to inform you that I don't watch any of them. I watch some stupid s***!
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Kudos to the Rays for clinching their first postseason birth. I am officially rooting for them to win it all, if only because I want to see a World Series game with 5,000 people in attendance. No, seriously, they're exciting as hell to watch and there's still an outside shot that they can get Carl Crawford back before everything's said and done.
    • If you care about this stupid bailout at all, the must-read columnist of the hour is Paul Krugman.
  • Your List Sucks!: Top 5 Teams in the NFL after Week 2:
    • 5. Carolina -- They just win. Tomorrow against Minnesota could be a heck of a game and the Panthers get Steve Smith back.
    • 4. Tennessee -- Chris Johnson gives them a big play threat with their scary QB situation and the defense is outrageously good.
    • 3. N.Y. Giants -- Sure, they beat St. Louis, but they crushed them and Justin Tuck is leading a big play defense.
    • 2. Philadelphia -- I actually thought about putting them #1 after barely losing in Dallas. McNabb is back. I forgot how good he could be. I think we all did.
    • 1. Dallas -- You think the NFC East is any good?

No comments: