Thursday, June 5, 2008

There is no joy on the DL

So while Josh is knee deep in moving boxes, I will vent for a bit. I suck at fantasy baseball. It's not that I don't know the players. I do. In my humble opinion, I know much more than the average person. However, I just know how to pick the players that are going to get injured one or two months into the season. One of my two squads has 6 players injured right now. That doesn't count the players that I have already cut. Year after year, my DL resembles last year's all-star team. Year after year I languish in 6th or 7th place. For the good of America or at least Red Sox nation, would someone please trade me A-Rod?

Now I feel better. By the way, whomever had June 6th in the "when does Steve whine about his fantasy team" pool, you are the winner.

On a related note, I want to know if this upcoming Supreme Court case will be a conflict for any Justice with a fantasy team of his own? Who can't see Clarence Thomas sitting on the bench pretending to pay attention to some poor litigant pleading his case while the Justice is sorting through the waiver wire in order to improve the pitching on his team, the Coke-Can Crushers?

Speaking of baseball, some of us are currently celebrating the Jewish holiday of Yom Osarebad. I give you a link to determine who is amongst the tribe's greatest. Is it Daisuke Matsuzakastein or Shlomo Ripken?

No comments: