Friday, June 27, 2008

Mini-Me's Mini Me

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • The Michael Musto interview on "Countdown" tonight was one of the funniest they've ever had from one of the regulars. Of course, a Verne Troyer sex tape lends itself fairly naturally to comedy.
    • I don't know why I tend to listen to Glenn Beck for a minute or two here and there on my way home. Today, he said that Obama would lead to Marxism, which would be "going backwards" from our Founding Fathers. The Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776, The Communist Manifesto was published in 1848. Backwards, indeed. Plus, I'm fairly certain that neither is Obama a Marxist nor would Sam Adams and crew be anywhere close to okay with FISA.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • I sure do hate that appeasement stuff.
    • Seems to me like the two biggest steals of the night were New Jersey getting CDR in the second round (and with Brook Lopez, that's a heck of a haul) and New Orleans getting Darrell Arthur all the way at #27.
    • The other day, I linked to the Wikipedia article about Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" routine. Here is the actual footage (needless to say, it's NSFW).
  • Daily Rant:
    • I couldn't actually work up any ire over that stupid empath/life coach/angel reader site I linked to the other night. I think that stuff is dumb, but capitalism says they can make any money they want if someone will pay for their not-fraudulent-at-all services. Also, capitalism says that people can run camps like this if other people will pay for it. Wouldn't it make a great '80s movie if, say, Future Fraternity Brothers Camp was across the lake from Stamp Camp USA and they challenged the young philatelists to some sort of athletic competition? Can we enlist Ivan Reitman to make this happen?

No comments: